A full smile of bright white and perfectly aligned teeth is something that everyone wants. Unfortunately, many people suffer from stained, chipped, broken or unevenly spaced teeth, making them feel self-conscious and anxious about their smile. Here are five cosmetic dentistry treatments that your dentist can perform that’ll help you get a more beautiful smile!
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
In the broadest sense, cosmetic dentistry covers any type of dental work that improves the appearance of someone’s teeth, gums or bite. While this definition covers a wide range of dental treatments, most people think of things like the colour, size, arrangement and alignment of teeth when someone mentions cosmetic dentistry.
5 Common Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments for a More Beautiful Smile
Here are the five most common types of cosmetic dentistry treatments that we perform on our patients to help them achieve bold, bright and beautiful smiles:
- Teeth Whitening – Even a slight improvement to the whiteness of someone’s teeth can make a huge difference. In our recent blog post, we described the most common types of teeth whitening treatments. Our offices offer take-home teeth whitening kits, but our in-office teeth whitening treatments offer the most impactful results in the shortest period of time.
- Orthodontics – If your teeth are misaligned, an orthodontic appliance can help straighten them out. Our office offers both braces and retainers, and if you’re not quite sure what the difference is then check out this blog post. Most people think of kids getting braces or retainers, but over the past few years more and more adults have turned to orthodontics to help straighten out their teeth.
- Dental Veneers and Crowns – If you have chipped, cracked or broken teeth, your family dentist might recommend a veneer or crown. A veneer is a thin piece of porcelain used to cover part of or all the surface of a tooth. It is coloured and shaped to match your teeth. A crown is a step up from a veneer: it is molded to be the shape of your entire tooth and goes over top of one of your teeth that has been ground down to a smaller size.
- Bridges or Implants – If you’re missing one or more entire teeth, you might consider a bridge or an implant. If you lose a tooth, the surrounding teeth will slowly shift into that gap over time. This can make your smile look weird, but can also be bad for your oral health. A bridge is a fake tooth that is inserted and adhered to the neighbouring teeth, while an implant is secured to a post that is attached to your jaw bone.
- Dentures – If you have significant damage or decay with a number of teeth, your dentist might suggest partial or full dentures. Dentures can replace only a few missing teeth or a full set, and can be both permanent or removable. Any dentures have come a long way in the past few years, so try not think about that time your grandpa sneezed out his dentures when you think about today’s dentures.
With offices conveniently located in both Milton and Scarborough, Orion Dental offers a full range of dental services for the whole family. We help our patients get the whitest and most beautiful smiles possible, including all of the cosmetic dentistry treatments listed above. If you’re looking for a partner for taking care of your or your families smiles, call us today and book an appointment and let’s get started!