Our guide to Oral Health has been our knowledge that we need to brush and floss our teeth. This is something that we have all known and understood from childhood. Yet, a lot of us don’t do this in what might be called the proper method.
An ideal brushing routine is at least 2 minutes long! Most children and adults too spend just a few seconds on each part of their mouth and consequently, their teeth and gums receive less regular care than they should.
Follow these simple steps to care for your teeth and gums:
- You must brush your teeth ideally after every meal: However, at the very least, you should brush your teeth when you get up in the morning, and definitely before you go to bed.
- Flossing could be done just once a day: Try and reach for the back of the molars that seem difficult to get to.
- Use an interdental brush for any gaps in your teeth: This can be done once a day, ideally when you brush your teeth at bedtime.
- Try and cut out candy and other sugary snacks: Try and replace these with fruit or yogurt that will satiate your hunger pangs and be good for your body.
- Use a quality mouthwash: The fluoride in the mouthwash strengthens the enamel of your teeth and using the mouthwash after brushing rinses out any bacteria that could cause tooth decay.
- How often you visit your dentist depends upon your specific requirements of care: It is best to plan to visit your dentist at six-month intervals so that your dentist can provide professional care for your mouth, teeth, and gums.