17 questions to ask when selecting a new Dentist!
You have relocated to a new town, or you have moved within a city to a new neighborhood, or you want to change your dentist. Regardless of the situation, the question that you face is inevitable, how do I select a dentist?
This is an essential question as your oral health provider, your dentist, is a part of your health team that includes a physician and sometimes other healthcare providers like a chiropractor, for example.
Some people have a fear of going to the dental office. The images in their mind are those of needles and sometimes pain. The sights and sounds of a dental office can by themselves create anxiety in some patients.
This anxiety can be overwhelming, especially if you have dental surgery to look forward to at your forthcoming dental appointment.
So, given this elevated level of anxiety associated with a dental office visit, how do you choose the dentist that you are going to trust with your oral health and that of the family.
Yes, the dentist needs to be personally likable, but beyond that, we think that there is a list of 17 questions that you need answering to yourself.
Satisfactory answers to these questions will help you be sure that you have made the right choice in selecting the dentist.
Seventeen questions to ask that will determine that you are selecting the Right Dentist!
17 Questions To Ask When Selecting A Dentist
- Is the dental office accepting new patients?
- How experienced is the dentist?
- How long has the dentist been practicing at this location?
- Have your friends and family referred them to you?
- How have their patients reviewed them on Google?
- Does the office look modern and spic and span?
- Do they display their credentials? What does their credential ego wall look like?
- Do they use modern technology in their office?
- Do they educate you about your oral health as a part of the treatment?
- Has the dentist been educating themselves with continuing education to be up to speed with the latest treatments?
- Do the dentist and their team make you feel welcome like a part of a family?
- What are their hours
- Is the dental office conveniently located from where you live or work?
- Does the dental office have parking?
- Does the dental office accept your insurance plan? And will they file claims for you, or will you have to do all the work yourself?
- Does the dentist offer Nitrous Oxide sedation?
- What happens if there is an emergency?
Orion Dental is a full-service family dentist with offices conveniently located in Milton and Scarborough. We offer dental services for the entire family, and with our bright colourful waiting rooms and crafts to keep your children busy while they wait, we live up to our reputation of being The Gentle Dentist! Call our Milton dentist office at (905) 636 – 9770 or our Scarborough dentist office at (416) 291 – 0306 and book an appointment today!