To all of our friends and patients, we would like to offer our warmest wishes for this holiday season and a very healthy and prosperous 2016!
However you celebrate the holidays, we hope that yours is filled with family and friends, good tidings and joy.
Happy Holidays and we look forward to seeing you again in 2016!
Just for fun, we’ve included one of our favourite gingerbread cake recipes here, if you’re so inclined! Just be sure you brush after eating it, so you don’t get ginger-vitis!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat granulated sugar and butter at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add juice, molasses, and egg substitute; beat well, and set aside.
- Spoon flour into dry measuring cups.
- Combine the flour, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in a small bowl; gradually add flour mixture to molasses mixture, stirring until well-blended.
- Pour batter into an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool gingerbread in pan on a wire rack.
Orion Dental offers a complete range of dental services, including regular checkups and cleanings, teeth whitening, conscious sedation dentistry,cosmetic dentistry and oral surgery. If you’re looking for a dentist in Milton or a dentist in Scarborough for the entire family, call us to book an appointment and let’s get started!