5 Reasons People Choose Veneers
Have you ever heard the saying “Smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone”? It feels true because it is true. Keeping your smile in tip top shape can impact your confidence, your personal relationships… your whole life, really.
So what are your options for cosmetic dentistry? It depends on the issues you are encountering: whether you are missing teeth or some are crooked or whether your teeth are discoloured. You might opt for teeth whitening – at home or in the dentist’s office – or you might look to a more permanent solution. In a word? Veneers.
What are veneers?
These are wafer-thin custom-made forms of porcelain designed to cover the front surface of teeth. These are bonded to the front of the teeth changing their colour, shape, size, or even length. They are particularly useful in cases where teeth are badly discoloured, gapped, chipped and/or crooked.
Why do people choose veneers?
- They are long lasting and durable – a well placed set of veneers can last ten years or more, with regular dental care. They are cemented on utilizing a quick curing compound.
- They are a relatively quick, conservative solution – crooked or gapped teeth can be helped with braces but this is a much longer procedure and one that many adults are unwilling to undertake.
- Veneers look very natural – they appear like normal tooth enamel, making it near impossible for anyone to tell that you have them.
- You retain more of your natural teeth – as opposed to caps or crowns, veneers won’t require a substantial loss of the original tooth. When in doubt, it’s best to keep your originals for as long as you can!
- Ease of maintenance – brush and floss as you normally do, visit your dentist regularly for a cleaning and presto: you’ve maintained your veneers!
We’ve written before about the process of getting veneers. If you are thinking that they might be a good solution for you, have a look at that post or come and talk to us!
We’re happy to discuss the cosmetic dentistry options available to you! Our offices offer teeth whitening services but also cosmetic dentistry, implants, fillings, veneers, dentures – we’ve got everything you need to take care of your beautiful smile! Contact our Scarborough dental office at (416) 291 – 0306 or our Milton dental clinic at (905) 636 – 9770!